Thursday, July 16, 2015

My 2014 Bonnaroo Experience: Part 2 - Camping, supplies and over preparation

theoverprepper:

As I am so apt to do, I read, and read, and read. Then I shopped, and shopped and shopped. And then probably shopped some more.

Camping:
I have only been to one roo, and I camped in Groop. A friend got a spot, and I wanted to make sure I could camp with the lovely @sassandcoffeecups so we splurged the extra $35 and went groop. I don’t know that I’ll ever do GA camping.

We had so much extra space. We wound up combining with another groop, and getting people from inforoo, so we were all able to arrive whenever, and still camp next to each other. This was actually how I met and made some amazing Bonnaroo friends.

We were able to have a big tent, and compile resources with the rest of our groop.

Supplies:
Ugh. So much supplies and gear. In a later post, I’ll share my packing list, which will have a complete list of everything I brought last year/everything I didn’t need, and an amended version for 2015.

I will say, I packed WAY too many outfits (wound up wearing the same shorts for most of the weekend.) but not nearly enough things with sleeves, not enough pants/leggings, and way too many shoes.

My med kid was overstocked, but if I needed that Imodium, I would have been really fucking glad I packed it.

The most clutch thing I brought was the shower/poop tent, shower bags and portable toilets. I usually wake up with THE WORRRRRRRRRRRST full bladder. We were literally in the very last spot in groop camping, so it was a 3-4 minute walk to the porta potties that we were closest to. Having the portable terlet and poop tent was like an oasis in the desert every single morning. And, let’s face it. Sometimes, when you’re hanging at the site, and you have had a serious case of the munchies and cotton mouth ( you know, thanks to the heat and such) you don’t want to walk that far to get to the tinkler. Also, being able to wash my pits and de-stickify after a long day of sweating before retiring for a few hours of slumber was amazing.

Over preparing:
I damn sure did. Anti bacterial wipes? I have three times what I used left from last year. I mentioned the outfits and shoes. I have about 20 travel tissue packs left from last year. I will only need to buy blister dressings, band aids and neosporin for the med kit. Everything else is still good.

I over bought gear. I thought everything needed to have wheels because I thought there would be a lot of schlepping. Some of the stuff could have been more useful without wheels. My 10x14 tent was way more than we needed, but initially, it was supposed to be for 3 of us.

In a later post, I’ll discuss the gear I found absolutely necessary and why.

Until next post!

Coming up: Part 3 - it’s a marathon, not a sprint Part 4 - the music and memories

This is the sad agony of every camping festival. Heck, every festival I spend way too long trying to get it all figured out and then over pack.

I’m pretty sure it’s because I’m an Eagle scout and learned to be prepared. I’m still using stuff from my first TomorrowWorld in 2013.

Check out this article on some easy festival Camping tips to make you look super awesome to everyone. Follow these tips and you’ll save the day.

http://ift.tt/1DhZ5wj



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1TDTcmB You can find it here: http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment