Wednesday, July 15, 2015

EDCLV 2015

californiarainbows:

Like I said before, I was disappointed with EDC this year. Not because of Insomniac, everything that Insomniac Events created for us this year was perfect. From the rides, to the stage set ups to the DJs. All of it was great. My problem was with a lot of the people that went. Also there were way too many people, but that’s a given since this event has grown so much over the years.

To start off, the general atmosphere was bland. People weren’t as friendly and some were just downright rude for no reason. I didn’t see a lot of people with kandi but I did see a some. One of my friends told me that he couldn’t find people willing to trade with him because he didn’t have a lot of cuffs. He also said that a guy cursed him out because he wasn’t willing to trade him his first and only 3D. He says that the guy went as far as to threaten to hit him, until his friends finally pulled him away.

I’ve heard stories of people stealing this year. From standing in line to standing in the crowd watching a DJ. There was a couple going around trying to steal things from people’s backpacks when they weren’t paying attention (while looking out for each other). And I hear that people would cut open a person’s backpack and when everything fell out they picked the stuff up and ran.

There are also numerous stories of people ending up in a jail cell due to entrapment. Apparently these people found small bags with pills on the ground and decided to pocket them and soon afterwards they were busted by an undercover cop for possession.

There was a lot of other shady shit that went down at EDC, but I think I’ve made my point.

Really, I would love to continue going to EDC, but I don’t think I will. I’ll stick to small raves, undergrounds, music festivals, and some insomniac massives (like the Wonderland events). I’m just not interested in EDC anymore. It’s just hard to enjoy myself and the music when I’m surrounded by a bunch of assholes and people who just go to get “fucked up” and “wasted”. Seriously, so many people go that don’t give a flying fuck about the music. Actually, last year in line for Escape All Hallow’s Eve, me and my friends were talking about which DJs we planned to see and some guys says, “Aww, they actually came here for the music”. Shit like that pisses me off. And people like that really kill the fucking mood. Anyway, I have a billion opinions on “festival goers” these days but I’ll leave it at that.

Well said



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1HyWoZ3 You can find it here: http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

No comments:

Post a Comment